This is the White Labs FermFlask by Sabco. It is a yeast brink providing a simple way to prevent yeast contamination caused by bacteria, wild yeast and other organisms.
It was designed by White Labs and it’s built by Sabco. What a great combination! Yeast experts and equipment experts combined to make this wonderful product.
- Yeast collection
- Yeast storage
- Yeast maintenance
- Priming mixer
This vessel is modeled after the Carlsberg Flask, invented with the first pure yeast culture in 1883 by Emil Christian Hansen. The FermFlask yeast brink is designed specifically for aseptic yeast handling in the brewery, assuring a pure and fit pitching yeast.
Totally sanitary, no threads, only the best.
Features and specifications:
- FermFlask allows you to easily add nutrients while the yeast is in storage
- You’ll be able to charge your yeast prior to pitching
- The paddle option helps you avoid hot spots and lets you homogenize the yeast slurry prior to sampling or pitching.
- Sanitary fittings throughout
- Smooth welds everywhere
- Totally enclosed design
- 1/2 bbl (15.5 gallon/58.6L) volume
- Pressure release valve included
- Sanitary ball valve included (1″ diameter)
- Pressure gauge included
- Wide piping for thick slurries
- 6″ top port for easy cleaning
- Pharmaceutical grade tri-clamps