Thinking about a conical? Think again… SABCO’s Tri-Clamp Fermenter is smart, easy to clean, and versatile! To brew your best…use the best equipment! Just check out these features
SABCO Fermenter – 15.5 Gal.
Things you need to know about ‘conical’ design fermenters . . .
- Multiple studies with professional tastings indicate that off flavors from dead yeast begin to occur only after 5-7 weeks in a fermenter
- Even after 5-7 weeks many tasting judges agree that such flavor changes can actually be beneficial
- Most all brewers move the beer after 2-3 weeks to conditioning and/or serving vessels to return the fermenter to service
- Dumping yeast from a conical does not dump all the yeast, but it does cloud your nice clear beer!
- The use of a racking arm above the settled yeast can easily be employed to remove clear beer without creating yeast haze.
- Conicals can be cumbersome to clean, often top-heavy and may need casters for easier handling.
- If you use large fermenters for small batches, you waste space, energy and gain extra cleanup
- Temperature control most always comes at a higher price.
- Many HB suppliers claim sanitary welds but then use threaded type valves and bulk-head gasketed fittings. Terrible to clean! Compare with SABCO’s all sanitary designs.
Things you need to know about SABCO’s 15.5 Gal. fermenters . . .
- SABCO’s 15.5 gal. fermenter weighs only 33 lbs. This means easy handling, pyramid stacking and fast cleanup
- The entire unit is sanitary design for pro-level consistency without using bulk-head style threaded fittings of any kind.
- All hardware can be removed from this vessel in less than 30 seconds and then easily cleaned in the sink.
- Simple, over the sink cleanout. Use sanitizer rinse, or even create some steam on a burner to sterilize the interior
- Sanitary connections allow pressure driven, atmosphere closed transfers of clear beer via the adjustable racking arm to a target vessel
- Use CO2 pressure and the racking arm to harvest the yeast slurry to a dedicated container after the clear beer has been transferred.
- 1-1/2″ TC dial thermometer
- 4″ Tri-Clamp port with TC clamp, gasket and cap. TC cap has twin 3/4″ TC outlets. One outlet is equipped with a 1/2″ sanitary elbow and ball-valve. Also included is 36″ of 3/8″ID PVC tubing with TC connector for venting.
- An additional top dome port can be used for available Carb Stone wand by SABCO
- Perfect size for a double 5 gal. batch. Max volume suggested @ 13 gal.
- Vessel dimensions without fittings: 15.5″ Dia. x 24.5″H. Add 4″ H with top valve. Add 5″ to front with racking valve & gauge.
Capability comparison . . .
- Both have all brewer desired essentials: Sanitary, racking arm, yeast harvest, temp controllable, and closed system transfer.
- SABCO fermenter is additionally a pressure vessel.
- It’s single batch convenient, refrigerator sized, easy to clean and handle. In a word “Perfect”.
Interested in wholesaling this product? Contact us: 419-531-5347 (kegs)